Wednesday, June 17, 2009

On Trying

I've been out of school for seventeen days now (yes, I'm the kind of girl to count) and I feel like I've done nothing productive. After some half-assed job hunting I actually managed to discover a job I really really wanted.

Typical me, I was afraid to really try for it, thinking that if I tried my hardest and failed that meant I was a failure. I did... ok on the phone interview (my first) and was... average at the in-person group interview (so weird) and then the recruiter asked me to write an email about why we thought the job was "a good fit for me". I wrote the shit out of that email.

Honestly, I think that's the only thing that saved me, because she called me back and offered me the position. I start Monday.

The moral of the story? I don't know. How about: a last ditch effort can save the day?

No comments: