Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy's Nerdy Girl

It's Father's Day and this year I managed to remember to call my dad. That sounds bad, but I'm actually super close with my him. My parents divorced before I was old enough to remember them being together, and I went to live with my dad.

It was just the two of us for awhile, and step-mom number one was merely a brief interlude, although she did bring my dog home from the pound for which she gets bonus points, not that it matters. Step-mom number two didn't come on the scene until late in high school, so she doesn't really count, except at holidays.

Anyway, my dad was my best friend; he talked to me like an adult and basically shaped who I am. There was no way I wasn't going to become a daddy's girl, although in this case it was more like daddy's nerdy girl who rides ATVs and reads comic books.

Which is why I called him back later with some useless trivia from our favorite sci-fi show like a good daughter.

No comments: